Tuesday, December 21, 2010

And kids are still saying the most amazing things...

One of my most favorite times with my kids is when I get to actually sit with them on the floor, on a mat, and read. It's such a nice change from standing in front of the classroom and teaching. And it's SO nice to be close to them. We ALWAYS end up laughing. I think this is mostly because they can really see me up close, and therefore they notice how different I look from them. For instance, last Thursday while reading, Matthew says, "Jacki Teacher, your nose is like this," and makes a motion showing a long and curve-bridged nose. Laughter ensues. "You're right, my nose is like that. It looks different than yours huh?" I say. Then he goes on, "But Shannon Teacher's nose is like this," and makes a tiny nose gesture. It's hilarious to the other students and I that Matthew is comparing the teachers' noses. Then Anthony chimes in with, "No, Shannon Teacher's nose like this (makes a gesture with his hand)....Shannon Teacher nose like Sponge Bob." This comment is too much to handle, and we all crack up again. After we regain our composure, we continue to read. Thank you children for once again making my day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment