Monday, July 26, 2010

Kids say the Darndest things!

I thought I'd sum up some of the entertaining quotes from my students as of recently....

1.) Teacher...your hair was yellow...why it now black? (post getting my hair colored darker)

2.) Teacher...how come when you raise your forehead like this (student lifts his eyebrows)...there are all these lines? I don't have those lines??

3.) Teacher...how old are you? (which is usually followed by the below)

4.) Teacher...do you have a boyfriend? And then subsequently asking why my boyfriend is not any of the male teachers that I work with.

5.) I just saw Jacki Teacher's panty. Me, "What?" Lia, "And this (squeezing her chest.) Your boob." "No you didn't!" I say as I think...she knows the word boob?! Apparently my V-neck and skirt wasn't the appropriate attire for trying to demonstrate the definition of the word "leap."

6.) Teacher, it raining cats and dogs? (every time it rains post me teaching them that phrase)

P.S. It's amazing how much a 5 year old can make you laugh harder than you've laughed in weeks!

More to come....


7.) Teacher...you have baby?? (as student makes a pregnant motion on a day when I am wearing a flowy dress)

No comments:

Post a Comment