Monday, June 28, 2010

World Cup

There are reasons to be excited about the World Cup whilst in Korea. The main one being that I essentially have two teams to cheer for! Being part of the Korean kickoff game vs. Greece in downtown Seoul at City Hall was quite the experience. The soccer fever over here was insane! Koreans love them some soccer! I don't know if I have ever seen such proud fans. It was awesome. The madness continued to intensify as Korea then made it to the final four--which is the first time any Asian team has ever done so. Dae Ha Ming Kuk!!


Amongst all of the fans at City Hall.






The USA vs. England game started at 3:30am here on Saturday. Yes, my friends and I went out to watch this game. I can't really remember the last time I walked out of a bar when the sun was all the way out. It was a decent game. Too bad England made that error that worked out so well for us. ;)
To tide us over the four hours between the Korean game and the US game we went for coffee. Low and behold we found the glorious coffee shop that is LAVAZZA. What a beautiful site to see. Mmm coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment