Wednesday, April 28, 2010

GOOD morning

There is something to be said for teaching youngsters. I pretty much assumed it would be a walk in the park. How wrong was I?! However, there are those times when they can just surprise you in the most incredible of ways, and then, you know it's worth it. Since I've been here (3 weeks today,) I have had a cold, pink eye!!, and now some sort of awful chest cold. This stint of illnesses has left me wondering, what can I possibly catch next from the little boogers?! ;) But waking up this morning, to the sun shining--mind you this is the first time it has shone in 3 straight days--my cough lessened...I felt pretty happy walking to school. I get in the building and I have several of my kindy kids coming up to me yelling, "Jacki Teacher, it's time for class! Come on!!" Even though we still have 15 minutes before class, they can't wait to see me. :D My first class is my Lavender kindy class to which we are doing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" as song and chant. Song and chant are my favorite classes as we all know I have an amazing voice and love singing. ;) However, what tickles me the most is the fact that the kids pronunciation is not quite right and they are actually singing "Tinkle Tinkle Little Star!" I mean, how presh!? I have to bite my lip in order not to laugh. The fact that they sing so sweetly and then draw their faces on the big yellow stars I have cut out for them is just awesome. Little Rosie turns to me and says, "Why Jacki Teacher not color?" Clearly, I must color too.

1 comment:

  1. Love, love this post!! Obv when i think of you singing i immediately think of senior year at IU, coming back from the waterfall, all us girls piled into the car...i STILL laugh outloud!!

    Love you lovey, and keep blogging please!!!

    ReplyDelete