Sunday, April 25, 2010

STUFF and Going to the Bathroom

I'm pretty sure that Chicago is a pretty large city, with much to see and do. However, I have to admit I don't know if I've ever seen so much STUFF. Seoul is very densely populated with people, buildings, restaurants, bars, apartment buildings, etc. At first glance, certain areas of the city appeared dirty to me, however, after seeing more, my opinion has changed. As we know, things aren't always what they seem. :) I have realized it's not so much dirty as it is just cluttered. Many times I go to a restaurant that is on the side of some random alley, and I wonder, just how is the food going to be? And yet every single dish and every single table I have ever seen is spotless. I have noticed the employees of these establishments working very hard to make sure everything is super clean.



















Mal and I took the subway to Konkuk
University area two Saturdays ago. I don't know if I have ever seen so much stimuli. Buildings on top of other buildings with bright flashing signs telling you (in Korean of course) to come to this place.
This is where we discovered hole in the floor bathrooms. In Seoul, many restaurants and bars do not have their own bathrooms. The bathrooms are in the hallways and the stairways of the buildings. Therefore, when going out to eat, you often find yourself having to use a public restroom, rather than a private one within the eatery. And apparently, they decided to stop making actual toilets and instead just place a small porcelain drain in the floor. Classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment